The Resource Poverty, Inc. : fighting poverty is big business, but who profits the most?
- Poverty, Inc. : fighting poverty is big business, but who profits the most?
- Title remainder
- fighting poverty is big business, but who profits the most?
- Statement of responsibility
- Ro*co Films ; Brainstorm Media ; Tugg ; Acton Media presents a Poverty Cure production in association with Coldwater Media
- Title variation
- Poverty, Incorporated
- Chinery-Hesse, Herman
- Escobari, Marcella
- Acton Institute for the Study of Religion and Liberty
- PovertyCure (Organization)
- Tugg (Firm)
- Small, Tom, (Photographer)
- Fitzgerald, James F., Jr.
- Sirico, Robert A.
- Scionka, Simon
- Miller, Michael Matheson
- Ro*Co Films Educational (Firm)
- Witt, Jonathan
- Brainstorm Media
- ColdWater Media
- Wade, Magatte
- Ayittey, George B. N., 1945-
- Production company
- "'I see multiple colonial governors, ' says Ghanaian software entrepreneur Herman Chinery-Hesse of the international development establishment in Africa. 'We are held captive by the donor community.' The West has positioned itself as the protagonist of development, giving rise to a vast multi-billion dollar poverty industry - the business of doing good has never been better. Yet, the results have been mixed, in some cases even catastrophic, and leaders in the developing world are growing increasingly vocal in calling for change. Drawing from over 200 interviews filmed in 20 countries, Poverty, Inc. unearths an uncomfortable side of charity we can no longer ignore. From TOMs Shoes to international adoptions, from solar panels to U.S. agricultural subsidies, the film challenges each of us to ask the tough question: Could I be part of the problem?"--From container
- Cataloging source
- Credits note
- Producers, James F. Fitzgerald, Jr., Michael Matheson Miller ; written by Jonathan Witt, Michael Matheson Miller, Simon Scionka ; directed by Michael Matheson Miller ; director of photography, Simon Scionka; editors, Simon Scionka, Tom Small
- Dewey number
- Language note
- Closed-captioned (91 minute version only) - - Spanish dubbing and English/Spanish subtitles available
- LC call number
- LC item number
- P68 2015
- Interviewees: Magatte Wade, George Ayittey, Marcella Escobari, Herman Chinerry-Hesse. Narrated by Robert Sirico
- live action
ContextContext of Poverty, Inc. : fighting poverty is big business, but who profits the most?
Select options that apply then copy and paste the RDF/HTML data fragment to include in your application
Embed this data in a secure (HTTPS) page:
Include data citation:
Note: Adjust the width and height settings defined in the RDF/HTML code fragment to best match your requirements
Cite Data - Experimental
Data Citation of the Work Poverty, Inc. : fighting poverty is big business, but who profits the most?
Copy and paste the following RDF/HTML data fragment to cite this resource
<div class="citation" vocab="http://schema.org/"><i class="fa fa-external-link-square fa-fw"></i> Data from <span resource="http://link.upsem.edu/resource/8dWgFi1VWLo/" typeof="CreativeWork http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/Work"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a href="http://link.upsem.edu/resource/8dWgFi1VWLo/">Poverty, Inc. : fighting poverty is big business, but who profits the most?</a></span> - <span property="offers" typeOf="Offer"><span property="offeredBy" typeof="Library ll:Library" resource="http://link.upsem.edu/#_default"><span property="name http://bibfra.me/vocab/lite/label"><a property="url" href="http://link.upsem.edu/">Union Presbyterian Seminary Libraries</a></span></span></span></span></div>
Structured data from the Bibframe namespace is licensed under the Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License by Union Presbyterian Seminary Libraries. Additional terms may apply to data associated with third party namespaces.
Processing Feedback ...